(I know I have zero control over what I am about to say, but here it goes.)
I really, really, really need Piccolino to stay in his current residence, for at least one week, and preferably 9 more days. I know we have about 4 weeks until our due date, but after Kate’s doctor appointment yesterday, and many of the (scary) comments from all of you about early arrivals, I am beginning to fear that our son is going to make a very early arrival. I just have a very busy week ahead, with a big project due next Thursday. I have this fear that, should he come in the next couple days, I’ll be racing between the hospital and my office (which are fortunately about 2 blocks away from each other). So in one week this big project will be done, but then I have a friend coming to visit next weekend, so, my dear son, if you could just wait until after Sunday the 18th, that’d be swell.
I want to be completely focused on the birth and my new baby in the days after his arrival and will be very sad to be distracted by other things. I am sure, in the moment, there will be nothing else on my mind, but I don’t want any lingering distractions.
That all said, I know that now (and pretty much for the rest of my life) a lot of my personal priorities will be replaced with the priorities of my child, or children and that’s all part of the process, and in fact, I am looking forward to that aspect.
But still, my sweet boy, just stay inside of mommy for one more week. You aren’t officially fully cooked until next week anyway, so it’s in everyone’s best interest that you stay in there a bit longer.